Friday 10 March 2017

Chosen Idea Research & Evidence of Complying With Regulatory Bodies

Leaf Care Services


  I have to take Safeguarding regulations into consideration when planning and producing my recruitment video. This means for privacy reasons, and because I haven't had the correct police checks or training, I am not allowed to enter the homes of those that home carers look after. 

Because of this, and for my recruitment video to be true to life, I will be getting shots of my mum and my sister (who both work for Leaf Care Services, and will both be wearing their uniform) looking after my grandparents. This will mean my mum and my sister can do what they're trained to do, without having to get any external actors in at all. 


This also links into why I cannot go into people's homes - a lot of people that Leaf Care Services look after do not have the mental capacity to consent for their houses to be used as locations, and to consent to be in my video. 


I emailed Katie to ask about the job description which I will be advertising, and she sent me back this 'day in the life' version of the job description. It will help when it comes to structuring the interviews and editing. It also gives an in depth look at what it is home care workers do every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment