Thursday 27 April 2017

Content and Audience Research

To make sure my promotional video would be of standard, and successful for it's purpose I first conducted a survey to see what people thought of recruitment videos. This let me gauge an idea of what people liked, what they don't like, and their overall opinion on if a promotional video would sway them into applying for a job.

Out of 24 responses, the majority said that a recruitment video being available to watch would help them with the decision of what job to apply for.


From the responses to the below question, I found what people would find most helpful and used this to influence what I would ask in the interview or include in the GVs and general footage. The most popular choices by far were interviews with current staff detailing the job description and have the video a "day in the life" style. I used these to also aid with my edit.


As well as this survey, I asked staff who had been in the care industry for a while, and also staff who had only just joined the care industry what they would think on a recruitment video. The majority said that a recruitment video would help them choose which company to apply for within the care industry. They also said that getting opinions and thoughts from staff currently working with the company would help. One person said that having a recruitment video may be biased towards the company, but it wouldn't be so far from a job listing on a vacancy site that it's something to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment